Stewed apples have been found to reduce inflammation and encourage healing in the digestive tract, while the cashew nuts are rich in the minerals copper, magnesium, manganese and zinc. Allow enough time to soak the nuts before you want to make the recipe.
- 6 Bramley apples
- 6 plums
- 1–2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Granola or crushed nuts and seeds of choice
- Soak the cashew nuts for 3 – 5 hours before use, using enough water to cover them.
- Peel and core the apples, then de-stone the plums. Chop the fruit into fairly large chunks and place in a large saucepan with a splash of water, the cinnamon and coconut sugar. Allow the fruit to stew slowly for about half an hour until soft. Set aside.
- When ready, drain the cashews, and then add them to a blender with the ¾ cup of water (less if you want it thicker), honey/maple syrup and vanilla, and blend well until smooth and creamy. You can also make a non-sweet cream by leaving out the honey/syrup if desired.
- Layer the fruit and the cream in a glass container, and serve with some granola or chopped nuts and seeds sprinkled over the top.
Book a Complimentary discovery call