Gazpacho provides a fantastic amount of vitamin C from the variety of vegetables and is a great support for the immune system.
The vegetables and herbs provide great sources of fibre which is extremely important for your digestive system and immune health - 70% of your immune system resides in your gut afterall.
Adding chopped eggs is a great addition to this soup, adding lean protein, healthy fats and zinc which are also vital for a healthy immune system.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 red or yellow bell pepper
- 4 spring onions or 1/2 red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1 handful basil and/or parsley
- 1 jalapeno chili, stemmed (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Peanut Butter Cups:
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Top and tail the cucumber and cut into quarters, removing the seeds. Put in a blender
- Cover the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Pour off water and peel away the skins. Cut into quarters, removing the seeds. Add to the blender
- Core and cut the peppers into quarters before placing them on a tray skin side up and grilling for 1-2 minutes until skins are charred. Peel away the skins and place the peppers into the blender
- Coarsely chop the spring onions and garlic and add to the blender with the cucumber, tomatoes and peppers
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs, chilli (if using) and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth or slightly chunky – either way is delicious.
- Serve into bowls, crumbling an egg onto each bowl for extra protein
- Blend together the base ingredients and spread at the bottom of a parchment paper lined 6 inch round pan. Set aside.
- Blend chocolate layer ingredients together until a smooth texture is reached. Pour mixture into the pan covering the base and place in the freezer for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Line mini cupcake tins with cupcake cases.
- Mix together the coconut oil, cacao powder, and maple syrup.
- Pour enough chocolate to cover the bottom of the lined mini cupcake pans. Set in the freezer for 10 minutes to set up.
- Remove from the freezer and spoon a small amount of peanut butter in the middle of the cups.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate over top of the peanut butter to cover completely and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Once everything is completed, remove the cheesecake and peanut butter cups from the freezer.
- Place the peanut butter cups on top of the cheesecake however you’d like. I used 6 of the peanut butter cups for a top layer and then chopped the rest and put them on top.
- Drizzle more peanut butter on top if desired.
- Serve, enjoy!
FREE 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Receive FREE Health tips, Recipes and More
The London Clinic of Nutrition is a multi-disciplined health practice offering personalised nutritional medicine and naturopathy using the functional medicine approach.
100 Seymour Place
020 3332 0030