Gazpacho provides a fantastic amount of vitamin C from the variety of vegetables and is a great support for the immune system.
The vegetables and herbs provide great sources of fibre which is extremely important for your digestive system and immune health - 70% of your immune system resides in your gut afterall.
Adding chopped eggs is a great addition to this soup, adding lean protein, healthy fats and zinc which are also vital for a healthy immune system.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 red or yellow bell pepper
- 4 spring onions or 1/2 red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1 handful basil and/or parsley
- 1 jalapeno chili, stemmed (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, boiled
For the Salad:
- ¼ red cabbage, cored and very finely sliced
- ½ red onion, very finely sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 small or 1 large beetroot, peeled and grated
- 8 stems of tenderstem broccoli, trimmed and flash-blanched for 2 minutes
- Handful chopped walnuts, ideally soaked and activated beforehand
For the Dressing:
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 spring onions
- Half a clove of garlic
- Handful fresh coriander and parsley
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp tahini
- ¼ avocado
- ½ tsp honey
- Good grind of sea salt
- Top and tail the cucumber and cut into quarters, removing the seeds. Put in a blender
- Cover the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Pour off water and peel away the skins. Cut into quarters, removing the seeds. Add to the blender
- Core and cut the peppers into quarters before placing them on a tray skin side up and grilling for 1-2 minutes until skins are charred. Peel away the skins and place the peppers into the blender
- Coarsely chop the spring onions and garlic and add to the blender with the cucumber, tomatoes and peppers
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs, chilli (if using) and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth or slightly chunky – either way is delicious.
- Serve into bowls, crumbling an egg onto each bowl for extra protein
- Prepare all of the salad ingredients, and combine together in a bowl.
- Blend all of the dressing ingredients together using a jug or stick blender, until really smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy!
FREE 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Receive FREE Health tips, Recipes and More
The London Clinic of Nutrition is a multi-disciplined health practice offering personalised nutritional medicine and naturopathy using the functional medicine approach.
100 Seymour Place
020 3332 0030