The SCD aims to re-balance the gut flora, reduce inflammation and help heal the gut lining, through the avoidance of ‘specific carbohydrates’ that are more difficult to digest.
You’ll need a food processor or blender to grind the pecan nuts to form a flour-like consistency.
The bread is best served warm or toasted, spread with a little coconut oil or nut butter.
- 300g pecan nuts
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Place the pecan nuts in a grinder or blender and process to form a fine meal and place in a bowl with the other dry ingredients.
- Place the eggs, banana, oil and honey in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into a lined loaf pan and bake at 180°C/350°F, gas mark 4, for 40–45 minutes until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Slice and serve warm with coconut oil or nut butter.
Book a Complimentary discovery call