Gazpacho provides a fantastic amount of vitamin C from the variety of vegetables and is a great support for the immune system.
The vegetables and herbs provide great sources of fibre which is extremely important for your digestive system and immune health - 70% of your immune system resides in your gut afterall.
Adding chopped eggs is a great addition to this soup, adding lean protein, healthy fats and zinc which are also vital for a healthy immune system.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 red or yellow bell pepper
- 4 spring onions or 1/2 red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1 handful basil and/or parsley
- 1 jalapeno chili, stemmed (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 300g pecan nuts
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Top and tail the cucumber and cut into quarters, removing the seeds. Put in a blender
- Cover the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Pour off water and peel away the skins. Cut into quarters, removing the seeds. Add to the blender
- Core and cut the peppers into quarters before placing them on a tray skin side up and grilling for 1-2 minutes until skins are charred. Peel away the skins and place the peppers into the blender
- Coarsely chop the spring onions and garlic and add to the blender with the cucumber, tomatoes and peppers
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs, chilli (if using) and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth or slightly chunky – either way is delicious.
- Serve into bowls, crumbling an egg onto each bowl for extra protein
- Place the pecan nuts in a grinder or blender and process to form a fine meal and place in a bowl with the other dry ingredients.
- Place the eggs, banana, oil and honey in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into a lined loaf pan and bake at 180°C/350°F, gas mark 4, for 40–45 minutes until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Slice and serve warm with coconut oil or nut butter.
FREE 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Receive FREE Health tips, Recipes and More
The London Clinic of Nutrition is a multi-disciplined health practice offering personalised nutritional medicine and naturopathy using the functional medicine approach.
100 Seymour Place
020 3332 0030