They contain protein and healthy fats, plus they’re free from refined sugar so they’ll fill you up and won’t upset your blood sugar in the way that regular biscuits or other festive treats can.
- 150g unsalted butter, softened or coconut oil
- 100g coconut sugar
- 100g gram (chickpea) flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g mixture of hazelnuts and pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and coconut sugar together, and then beat in the rest of the ingredients – you can also mix the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Divide the mixture into twelve balls, and place them on the baking sheets, flattening slightly with your palm.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely. They will really firm up as they cool so don’t be tempted to eat them when they are warm!
Book a Complimentary discovery call