Perfect with a cup of tea, and great to make and share with kids, but don’t expect them to hang around for long!
- 200g ground almonds
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp bicarb of soda
- 45g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp rice syrup (lower in fructose) or half and half honey and xylitol
- 6 tsp sugar-free jam, such as St Dalfour or Meridian – whatever flavour you like
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the almonds, salt and bicarb of soda in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter and syrup and blend until a dough forms.
- Remove the lid, lift out the blade and take the dough, about a tbsp at a time, and roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Push your thumb into the centre of each, to make an indentation. Smooth any cracks that appear around the edge and fill the indentation with about ½ tsp of jam per cookie.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet, and enjoy.
Book a Complimentary discovery call