These homemade cookies are a true delight, perfect for pairing with a steaming cup of tea or for a delightful baking session with the kids. Their soft, chewy texture and heavenly aroma are simply irresistible. Whether you’re indulging in a cozy afternoon treat or sending a heartfelt gesture, consider having some “thinking of you cookies delivered” to spread warmth and comfort. Just remember, once these delectable treats arrive, don’t expect them to hang around for long – they have a way of disappearing quickly, leaving smiles and sweet memories in their wake.
- 200g ground almonds
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp bicarb of soda
- 45g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp rice syrup (lower in fructose) or half and half honey and xylitol
- 6 tsp sugar-free jam, such as St Dalfour or Meridian – whatever flavour you like
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the almonds, salt and bicarb of soda in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter and syrup and blend until a dough forms.
- Remove the lid, lift out the blade and take the dough, about a tbsp at a time, and roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Push your thumb into the centre of each, to make an indentation. Smooth any cracks that appear around the edge and fill the indentation with about ½ tsp of jam per cookie.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet, and enjoy.