Try this immunity soup when your system needs a boost!
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, tamari or liquid amino’s, or to taste
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ litres water, or chicken or vegetable stock
- About 300g cooked white beans (from 2 tins, rinsed, or from about 200g dry)
- About 700g green leaves, chopped (spinach, kale, or chard)
- Freshly ground pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over low heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, and salt. Cook for 10 minutes; then add the water or stock. Bring to the boil.
- Cover, lower the heat to a simmer, and cook 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Add the beans, garlic, and as much of the greens as you can fit in the pot.
- Cover and wait a few minutes for the greens to wilt – when there is room, add more greens until it is all incorporated.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve hot, topped with a grating of nutmeg and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
FREE 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Receive FREE Health tips, Recipes and More
The London Clinic of Nutrition is a multi-disciplined health practice offering personalised nutritional medicine and naturopathy using the functional medicine approach.
100 Seymour Place
020 3332 0030