Pecan nuts and chia seeds provide protein and essential fatty acids, while the cacao and berries provide phytonutrients. Goji berries score very highly on the ORAC scale. This makes a healthy snack, but is equally delicious as a ‘breakfast-on-the-go’ option.
- 30g goji berries
- 125g pecan nuts
- 125g pitted dates
- 60g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 25g raw cacao powder
- Soak the goji berries in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place the pecan nuts in a high-speed blender or food processor and process until fine and set aside.
- Place the dates, goji berries and cranberries in a food processor and pulse gently to chop.
- Add the chia seeds, cacao powder and the ground pecan nuts and process until the mixture forms a dough.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Press the mixture into a 22cm traybake tin lined with baking parchment and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 12 bars. These can be stored in the fridge for 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month.