Gazpacho provides a fantastic amount of vitamin C from the variety of vegetables and is a great support for the immune system.
The vegetables and herbs provide great sources of fibre which is extremely important for your digestive system and immune health – 70% of your immune system resides in your gut afterall.
Adding chopped eggs is a great addition to this soup, adding lean protein, healthy fats and zinc which are also vital for a healthy immune system.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 red or yellow bell pepper
- 4 spring onions or 1/2 red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1 handful basil and/or parsley
- 1 jalapeno chili, stemmed (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, boiled
- Top and tail the cucumber and cut into quarters, removing the seeds. Put in a blender
- Cover the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Pour off water and peel away the skins. Cut into quarters, removing the seeds. Add to the blender
- Core and cut the peppers into quarters before placing them on a tray skin side up and grilling for 1-2 minutes until skins are charred. Peel away the skins and place the peppers into the blender
- Coarsely chop the spring onions and garlic and add to the blender with the cucumber, tomatoes and peppers
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs, chilli (if using) and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth or slightly chunky – either way is delicious.
- Serve into bowls, crumbling an egg onto each bowl for extra protein.
FREE 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Receive FREE Health tips, Recipes and More
The London Clinic of Nutrition is a multi-disciplined health practice offering personalised nutritional medicine and naturopathy using the functional medicine approach.
100 Seymour Place
020 3332 0030