This delicious soup is quick and easy to prepare and includes antioxidant-rich sweet potato, green vegetables and beans.
Make use of frozen bags of edamame or broad beans, for speed.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 400g can coconut milk
- 150g kale, chopped, thick stems discarded
- 115g edamame beans or broad beans
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onions, garlic and celery and fry until softened but not coloured, about 10 minutes
- Add the courgette, potatoes and lemon zest and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the kale and beans and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are completely cooked.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
COMPLIMENTARY DISCOVERY CALL
GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Receive FREE Health tips, Recipes and More
The London Clinic of Nutrition is a multi-disciplined health practice offering personalised nutritional medicine and naturopathy using the functional medicine approach.
100 Seymour Place
020 3332 0030