Cherry Almond Cake
This delicious cherry almond cake really is so easy to make, and better still it’s guilt free! It contains mellow natural sweetness from maple syrup, antioxidant-rich cherries, and is full of protein, healthy fats and fibre thanks to the eggs, almonds and grass fed butter.
This means it won’t upset blood sugar balance and will keep you feeling full and satisfied. Great for afternoon tea, an after school snack or for pudding, served warm with coconut yoghurt, cashew cream or organic cream if you tolerate dairy.
- 200g ground almonds
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ finely ground sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 45g grass fed butter, melted
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g frozen cherries, chopped into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C, and grease and line a 20cm round spring form cake tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda and sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Then stir through the cherries, and pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick, skewer or sharp knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the cake tin for ten minutes, before turning out.
- Can be sliced and enjoyed warm or left to cool to room temperature. Keeps for several days stored in an airtight container in a cool spot.
Book a Complimentary discovery call