A quick and easy risotto with asparagus, lemon and pine nuts for a delicious dinner option.
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 300g risotto rice
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 750g asparagus
- 1 onion, diced
- 250ml white wine
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of pine nuts
- Prep your vegetables. Chop the asparagus, garlic coves and dice the onion.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan and add the garlic and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice into the pan along with the white wine. Keep the heat on low to medium.
- Tend to the rice, stirring and adding in the stock in small increments for 15 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the rice, along with the rest of the chicken stock.
- Combine the butter, parmesan cheese and half of the juice of a lemon to the rice.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the rice has a slight al dente texture.
- Serve with a topping of pine nuts and a squeeze of lemon.
Book complimentary discovery call