Helen Williams is an experienced Nutritional Therapist and Functional Medicine Practitioner and has been helping clients with chronic health issues to reclaim their health for last 17 years.
She trained initially at The Institute of Optimum Nutrition (ION) and completed her BSc (Hons) degree in Nutritional Therapy at The Centre For Nutrition Education and Lifestyle (CNELM) in 2003.
In 2012 she completed the AFMCP course with The Institute of Functional Medicine and continues to study with them, as well as regularly attending CPD lectures and seminars to keep up to date with the latest research and developments in nutrition and functional medicine.
In her “previous life” she worked for many years in the airline industry as a flight attendant. The erratic lifestyle, unhealthy eating patterns, long hours and shift work eventually took it’s toll on her health leading to exacerbation of the IBS she had suffered with since teenage years and the start of chronic migraines.
After qualifying as a nutritional therapist and implementing this knowledge on her own health the IBS has resolved and the migraines are now virtually non existent.
Helen now specialises in thyroid health and autoimmune diseases. She wants to empower her clients to take back control of their own health, to understand their thyroid problem and why they have thyroid dysfunction.
As a functional medicine nutritionist she works with clients to uncover potential triggers for their thyroid imbalances and address them rather than the conventional approach to thyroid disease of just treating thyroid numbers and not the person.
Helen has studied under several experts in Functional Medicine over the years, including Isabella Wentz. Helen is also a Hashimoto’s Institute certified practitioner having completed and passed the 12 week training programme for clinicians to advance the ability to work with clients with autoimmune hypothyroidism.
In the past year she has studied with renowned thyroid expert Dr. Datis Kharrazian and completed modules with the Kharrazian Institute in Hashimoto’s Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications and AutoImmunity Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications.
- Dip CNE Nutritional Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy
- AFMCP – Institute of Functional Medicine
- Reversing Cognitive Decline – Advanced Clinical
- Bredeson Training
- Dr Alison Siebecker Certified SIBO Practitioner
- Senior Associate Member Royal Society of Medicine
Continuous Professional Development
- Institute of Functional Medicine Resistance, Resilience and Recovery – patient care in a pandemic (covering management of Long Covid)
Kharrazian Institute Modules:
- Neuroinflammation – Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications
- GI (Gastro Intestinal) – Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications
- AutoImmnunity – Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications
- Hashimoto’s – Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications
- Diabetes and Dysglycaemia – Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications
- Sibo Mastery Course – Dr Nirala Jacobi
- GI Health Masterclass – Jason Hawrelak
- Demystifying SIBO – Jason Hawrelak
Masterclasses / Conferences:
- AutoImmunity and Nutrigenomics – Causes and Solutions Masterclass
- Hashimoto’s and Auto Immunity – Causes and Solutions Masterclass
- Female Health Conference
- Blood Chemistry and Nutrigenomics
- Building Immunity Conference