Dorian Soanes is a registered Nutritional Therapist and certified NLP coach trained in the functional medicine model.
Dorian’s specialities include autoimmune thyroid disease, complex gastrointestinal conditions, gout, mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS) and environmental mould toxicity and its numerous knock on effects on total body health.
After a working for over a decade within Shipping in both London and Singapore, Dorian discovered nutritional therapy and functional medicine through his own health experience. After a period of poor health within his early 30’s, Dorian was eventually diagnosed with Grave’s disease causing an overactive thyroid. Despite following all the conventional advise, his health never really improved and he was eventually advised to have a surgical removal of his thyroid gland (thyroidectomy). Dorian decided to take his health into his own hands and after discovering functional medicine he started working with a practitioner. This approach resulted in a return to full health, with no medication – and with an intact thyroid.
This experience left Dorian passionate about the power of functional medicine and nutritional therapy and lead him to a career change that enabled him to help other people who are looking for answers with their health.
Dorian has an MSc in Personalised Nutrition and a Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from the Centre for Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management. He’s registered with both British Association for Nutritional Therapists (BANT) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
More from Dorian
- MSc in Personalised Nutrition – Middlesex University
- Nutritional Therapy Practice Diploma – Centre for Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management (CNELM)
- Qualified Neuro Linguistic Programming Coach – UK College of Personal Development
Continuous Professional Development
- Viridian Webinar – Male Hormone Series:
- Male hypogonadism: the age, stress and energy connection
- Male fertility
- Male health: prostrate 2021
- Nutrihub Webinar – Functional Gut Disorders: Focus on Abdominal Bloating
- BANT Webinar – Long COVID 2021
- Invivo Webinar – Innovations in Microbiome Testing 2020
- Biolab Webinar – Toxicity Screening 2020
- Revero Webinar – Therapeutic Applications of VLCDs 2018